Today’s recipe is one of my favourites. I only first tried to make a risotto about a year ago and it is so much better than the packet versions you buy at the supermarket!!! If you haven’t made a risotto from scratch before I highly recommend you try it!
This one is especially easy with only 8 ingredients! It is a simple and cheap meal to make and enjoy. The only hard part is stirring the risotto continuously while it cooks, but think of the muscles you’ll gain!!
It is also a recipe that you could modify by switching the veges for something else, just use whatever you have in your fridge!
This risotto is really comforting and I love making it when I’m feeling a bit homesick! It just hits the spot every time. It’s lovely and creamy but is completely dairy free!! Which means you can go back for seconds and not feel bad, YAY!!
Creamy Tomato & Red Capsicum Risotto
Author: Everyday Nourished NZ
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicum, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 300g risotto rice
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Heat a large pot over a medium heat and cook the red onion and carrot in a little water to stop it from sticking for around 5mins
- Add the red capsicum and continue to cook for a further 5 mins
- Then add the celery salt and tinned tomatoes and cook everything for another 2-3mins bringing it to a simmer
- Now add the risotto rice and stir it through everything. Leave to sit for a few minutes then start adding the vegetable stock 1/2 cup at a time, allowing the stock to be absorbed before adding the next portion in
- Make sure to continuously stir the risotto until all the stock has been used and the rice is cooked, about 20-30mins
- Once cooked check the seasonings and add more celery salt if needed
- Let the risotto sit for 2-3mins before serving
I really hope you enjoy this risotto and if you make it leave me a comment telling me what you thought of it 🙂
Much love xx