Who doesn’t love a freshly baked warm cookie straight from the oven?!?! I most definitely do!
Last Sunday I had a craving for some home baked oat cookies so I came up with these bad boys. 5 ingredients and 30mins is all you need to whip these up, and extra bonus, they’re good for you. There’s no hidden nasties in these beautiful cookies, just plain old plant-based ingredients to fuel your body.
These are perfect for breakfast, or as a mid-morning or afternoon snack, heck, who am I kidding…they’re good any time of day!!! Why not make a double batch* and you’ll have breakfast sorted for the week, no excuses now that you have no time to eat in the mornings!
Blueberry Oat Breakfast Cookies
Author: Everyday Nourished NZ
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 cups wholegrain oats
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 2 TBSP ground flax-seed**
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/355°F and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a big mixing bowl mash the bananas with a fork, then add the oats and mix thoroughly.
- Stir through the cinnamon and ground flax-seeds, then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Shape the mix into cookie shapes, I used a round metal ring to do this.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15mins, then carefully flip over and bake for a further 5-10mins until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Let rest for 5mins then enjoy as many as you like!
*If doubling the recipe you may need to bake the cookies for a few extra minutes. Just keep and eye on them and they will be done when they’re golden brown.
**Ground flax-seeds are optional but highly recommended as they are an essential part of a balanced plant based diet. Always use ground flax because if the seed is whole your body cannot absorb the nutrients and the seed will pass straight through your system. For more information on flax-seeds see here.
If you do make these make sure to upload a photo to Instagram and tag me and use the hashtag #everydayplantbased so I can see your beautiful creations 🙂
Have a beautiful week, much love