Deliciously moist and wonderfully flavourful, these oil-free baked vegan falafel will leave you wanting more!
I’ve struggled for a while now to find a falafel recipe minus the added oil or tahini that is normally used but I think I have perfected the most delicious little morsels! These falafel include spinach and parsley along with some of my favourite spices. They are also baked not fried so are easy on the tummy.
Falafel are great in a wrap, with a salad, or dipped in hummus! They are one of my favourite foods and take any meal to the next level with their flavour. I really hope you enjoy this recipe, leave your thoughts below!
Oil-Free Baked Vegan Falafel
Author: Everyday Plantbased
- 2x 400g tins chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 big handful fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup wholemeal flour (or flour of choice)
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until well combined.
- Shape into balls and gently flatten the top and bottom slightly so they will sit on the baking tray. Give the mixture a good squeeze before shaping to ensure they stick together.
- Bake for 20-30mins, flipping half way through if desired to get an even crisp.
- Enjoy on a salad, in a wrap, or by themselves dipped in your favourite sauces or hummus.
Have a great week everyone. Much love xx