Who doesn’t love a bliss ball! I’ve been buying pre-made bliss balls for a while now as there are a great range to choose from in New Zealand. However, my student budget sometimes doesn’t stretch that far and buying packets and packets of bliss balls is definitely a treat!
So I came up with these cost effective bliss balls so I can always have a batch made and in the fridge for when I feel like something sweet 🙂 These are great to have as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea, and they are just as delicious as an after dinner treat to finish your day off!
I’ve used dried dates in the recipe to make them more budget friendly, but feel free to use fresh dates if you are lucky enough to have some!
Simple Oat Bliss Balls with Chocolate Drizzle
Author: Everyday Plantbased
- 1 cup dried, pitted dates, soaked in boiling water for 5mins
- 2 cup oats
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 72% Dark Chocolate, melted
- Soak dates in boiling water for 5 mins to soften, then drain and rinse.
- Add the dates, oats and cinnamon to a food processor and process until starting to combine. At this stage you will need to add some water to help the mixture stick together, starting with a small amount and adding more until a dough forms when processed and the mixture sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
- Roll the mixture into evenly shaped balls.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, then using either a spoon or a piping bag (you can use a re-usable sandwich bag with the corner snipped off for this) drizzle the balls with the melted chocolate.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container and enjoy 🙂
I really hope you like these bliss balls as much as I do! If you make them let me know and tag me on Instagram (@everydaynourishednz or #everydaynourishednz) and show me your bliss balls 🙂
I hope you all have a productive and happy week,
Much love xx